- Job Title
- Building Custodial Technician
- Scobey, MT
- Full Time
- Open Until Filled
- Job Description
- Job Title: Building Custodial Technician FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Operations Support Manager
Job Summary: The Building Custodial Technician is responsible for ensuring safe, clean and attractive buildings, both inside and outside. Buildings may include general offices, as well as supply and storage areas. The position will be headquartered in Scobey, Montana.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean and service all rooms, halls, offices and rest rooms. Vacuum, clean, and mop floors. Dust as needed. Clean windows, empty trash baskets and arrange furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion, as needed. Do minor maintenance such as replace light bulbs.
- Perform preventative maintenance and complete any associated maintenance records.
- Perform minor construction work on company property. Move office furniture and heavy equipment.
- Operate power equipment used in maintaining building and grounds. See that equipment is properly used and in good working order and that any required repairs are promptly reported.
- Remove snow, using shovels. May be required to use snow blower and tractor.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
- Report all problems to supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of general cleaning, floor maintenance.
- Able to use cleaning products and equipment safely and effectively.
- Able to operate power equipment associated with general maintenance.
- Able to identify areas that require cleaning and repairs that may be outside the normal routine.
- Able to clean, repair, and communicate problem areas identified.
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license in the state where employee is resident and be insurable without an increased premium or special risk coverage under the company's motor vehicle liability insurance company's underwriting standards.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to work in a team environment and interface with other departments in a positive/productive manner.
- Able to operate under standard procedures.
- Able to work evening and/or weekend duty.
- Able to work some overtime hours.
- Physical exertion may be light to heavy.
- Climbs, stoops, reaches, handles, lifts.
- May occasionally be required to lift up to 80 pounds.
- May be called upon to work in any kind of weather.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Nemont reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Experience Required
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be:
- Minimum two years experience in general custodial work preferred.
Human Resources Manager
Telephone: (406) 783-2200, (800) 636-6680
Fax: (406) 783-5636
Or mail your resume to:
PO Box 600
Scobey, MT 59263-0600
As a condition of employment, all finalists will be required to sign a reference release and be subject to a background check that may include but is not limited to criminal history record information.
Equal Opportunity Employer