- Job Title
- Right of Way Agent - Tribal Member Preferred
- Worden, MT
- Full Time
- Open Until Filled
- Job Description
- Job Summary: Responsible for procurement of rights of way easements and or encroachment entry while developing and maintaining all rights of way records for construction, operation and maintenance of telecommunications utilities and facilities. Will maintain office files relative thereto, including recorded easements, permits, property records, joint use utility agreements and lease payments. Track acquisition of Right of Way data to provide internal and external benchmarks. Provide reports of current land and land rights law, procedures and standards for procurement of private, public (city, township, county, state and federal) and tribal land rights of way as necessary to assist management with project planning and decision-making.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Draft documents for rights of entry, damage claims, contracts, easements, encroachment, licenses, leases, permits, options to purchase and other documents as may be necessary to acquire adequate rights for all serving areas.
• Maintain contract files and is responsible for monitoring, reviewing and amending of property ownership files, maps, drawings exhibits and progress reports in coordinate with project scheduling and completion.
• Research property ownership and recorded easements of existing and proposed telecommunication utilities and or facilities within our serving area using web access of recorded documents, courthouse research and other records as available to determine present property ownership(s) and extent of interests therein.
• Evaluate and estimate extent of crop and or property damages related to telecommunications utilities and facilities placement to satisfy all entities relative to projects.
• Assist in providing functional support to questions and procedures in the acquisition of land and land rights.
• Maintain lease and joint use utility agreement payment database, process payments, and provide information for annual payment budgeting of all agreements with other private and public entities.
• Prepare and issue weekly project management status reports.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
- Experience Required
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties while working closely with public.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
• Able to work in a team environment and interface with other departments in a positive/productive manner.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, prioritize and organize effectively with limited supervision.
• Knowledge and experience in working with various network routing drawings, plans and profiles.
• Working knowledge of telecommunications services provided within our serving area.
• Ability to use GPS equipment, ACAD mapping, and Microsoft Office products required with the ability to learn new applications quickly.
• Must have a valid driver's license in the state where employee is resident and be insurable without an increased premium or special risk coverage under the company's motor vehicle liability insurance company's underwriting standards.
Right of Way Agent Page 2
• Associates Degree or equivalent experience with acquisition of land and land rights, easements, encroachment entry, contracts or business, drafting, real estate, surveying and agriculture.
• Sits, walks, and stands intermittently during working day.
• May be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
• Fully accountable for all right of way activities.
• Able to meet and work closely with public and others.
• Works with nominal supervision following general guidelines.
• Hours may be irregular including evenings and weekends.
• Frequent travel related to projects may be necessary.
• Ability to meet Montana Notary requirements
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Nemont reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Human Resources Manager
Telephone: (406) 783-2200, (800) 636-6680
Fax: (406) 783-5636
Or mail your resume to:
PO Box 600
Scobey, MT 59263-0600
As a condition of employment, all finalists will be required to sign a reference release and be subject to a background check that may include but is not limited to criminal history record information.
Equal Opportunity Employer