- Job Title
- Customer Service Specialist - Scobey
- Scobey, MT
- Full Time
- Open Until Filled
- Job Description
- Job Summary: Interviews customers, prepares orders for new services and changes. Interacts with the subscriber/customer to achieve positive subscriber/customer relations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Talk with customers by phone or in person and receive orders for new installation, activation, discontinuance or change in service.
• Answer customer inquiries as to type and availability of services offered.
• Receive customer complaints, comments or information and asks detailed questions to determine exact nature of problems. Assess the information received and determine the proper action to be taken.
• Complete contract forms, determine charges for requested services, collect deposits, and prepare change of address records.
• Solicit sale of new or additional services and related products.
• Answers incoming calls on a multi-line computer based telecommunications system.
• Assesses the caller’s inquiries and requests, then transfers the call accordingly.
• Provides clerical backup as required.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail, which may include receiving and delivery.
• Files and scans customer correspondence.
• Maintains complete confidentiality of records; complies and adheres to Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) regulations.
• May be required to be on call evenings and weekends.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
- Experience Required
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of company policies, procedures, products and services can be learned on the job.
• Knowledge of terminology and functions of telecommunications services helpful.
• Able to operate a personal computer and related software.
• Able to communicate effectively and pleasantly with customers to explain and interpret problems customers may have with service, billing, etc.
• Able to operate various office equipment, such as copy machine, fax machine and multi-line telephone system.
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and the general public.
• Able to enhance customer relations with a pleasant and efficient telephone manner.
• Able to work with a variety of personalities to project favorable image.
• Able to handle multiple priorities, work accurately, work under pressure, and pay close attention to details and schedules.
• Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
• Able to learn terminology and functions of the telecommunications industry.
• Able to exhibit professional appearance and dress.
• Able to communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
• Able to motivate oneself and maintain close rapport with all staff to keep up-to-date on system activities.
Nemont Page 2
• Able to assist in keeping management informed of the concerns and opinions of subscribers and community members.
• Able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insured under the Company’s insurance policy.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of customer and company records.
• Able to work with regular supervision, following general guidelines.
• Able to travel for educational and training purposes.
• Able to work in a team environment and interface with other departments in a positive/productive manner.
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Sits at desk much of working day.
• Stands and walks short distances in office.
• Handles books, papers, and office equipment.
• Stoops, stands, and bends when using files.
• May be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The successful candidate will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the Customer Service Supervisor. Nemont reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Human Resources Manager
Telephone: (406) 783-2200, (800) 636-6680
Fax: (406) 783-5636
Or mail your resume to:
PO Box 600
Scobey, MT 59263-0600
As a condition of employment, all finalists will be required to sign a reference release and be subject to a background check that may include but is not limited to criminal history record information.
Equal Opportunity Employer