- Job Title
- Advertising & Media Specialist
- Scobey, MT
- Full Time
- Open Until Filled
- Job Description
- Job Summary: The Advertising and Media Specialist devises and coordinates advertising campaigns using various forms of consumer media.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Propose and develop advertising campaigns for consumers of local telephone, long distance, broadband, wireless, and PCS services.
• Gather marketing research to define advertising plans.
• Gather and analyzes media information to develop plans for media purchase.
• Develop advertising and marketing budgets for each advertising campaign.
• Develop and recommends media purchase plans on a monthly and/or semi-annual basis.
• Supervise and coordinate production of advertising media so that campaigns meet planned deadlines and budget requirements.
• Develop and maintain relationships with all media providers.
• Work with clothing vendors to provide employees with Nemont clothing
• Actively participate at Public Relations events such as chamber of commerce, fairs, parades, and other activities.
• Answers correspondence and telephone inquiries as required.
• Act as point of contact for all radio and TV advertising.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
- Experience Required
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of the telephone, Internet or wireless company operations, policies, and procedures is helpful.
• Able to write original material, edit, proofread and finalize written material.
• Able to work with various computer software programs such as MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, Adobe Acrobat and familiar with Adobe Creative Suite programs.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and schedules, and meet established deadlines.
• Must exhibit professional appearance, have pleasant and efficient telephone manner, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to take existing information and prepare it in a presentable way for members of the media.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insured under the Cooperative’s insurance policy.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of Company records when required.
• Ability to work weekend and evening hours as necessary.
• Ability to travel for PR events, educational, and training purposes.
• Skill to use digital camera and imaging equipment, including photography work.
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be:
• 4-year Advertising or Marketing degree preferred.
• Must have marketing or advertising experience.
Advertising & Media Specialist Page 2
• Sits at desk much of working day.
• Works at computer for prolonged periods.
• Stands and walks short distances in office.
• Handles books, papers, and office equipment.
• Stoops and bends when using files.
• Stoops, stands, and bends for prolonged periods of time when working special events.
• May be required to assist in event set up
• May be required to lift and carry packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work under conditions of frequent interruption, paying close attention to numerous details and multitasking.
• Must be able to recognize and meet deadlines.
• Requires a pleasant disposition and telephone personality for communicating with subscribers and other employees.
• Must be able to deal with difficult customers in a pleasant manner.
• Works under close supervision, following standard procedures.
• Must be able to work as part of a team.
• Occasional travel for PR events, educational and training purposes may be required.
• Hours regular; overtime may be required as needed.
Human Resources Manager
Telephone: (406) 783-2200, (800) 636-6680
Fax: (406) 783-5636
Or mail your resume to:
PO Box 600
Scobey, MT 59263-0600
As a condition of employment, all finalists will be required to sign a reference release and be subject to a background check that may include but is not limited to criminal history record information.
Equal Opportunity Employer