- Job Title
- Public Relations/Marketing Assistant
- Scobey or Glasgow MT
- Part Time, Temporary
- Open Until Filled
- Job Description
- Job Summary: Assist Public Relations/Marketing Specialist in providing local public relations and marketing services to meet the telecommunications needs of the Nemont communities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with all PR event and special events for Marketing department
• Participates at Public Relations events such as chamber of commerce, fairs, parades, and other activities.
• Assist with educating customers on new technology and services offered by the company in telephone etiquette sessions, career fairs, and other events.
• Assists with advertisements and promotions in local media such as radio, newsprint, television, billboards, etc.
• Function as an active member of core creative team by proactively providing ideas and suggestions.
• Assist other departments with support and back up for events.
- Experience Required
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Able to handle multiple priorities, work accurately, work under pressure, and respond quickly to tight deadlines.
• Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
• Must possess time management and organizational skills.
• Able to proficiently operate a personal computer and related software.
• Able to work with various computer software programs of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point.
• Able to work with a variety of personalities to project favorable image.
• Ability to maintain close rapport with all staff to keep up-to-date on marketing and public relations activities as they relate to our company.
• Able to function effectively as a team player.
• Required to work weekend and evening hours as needed.
• Able to travel for special events, educational and training purposes.
• Able to assist with basic carpentry to construct floats, displays and other promotional items for special events as needed.
• Able to operate office equipment such as computer, copy machine, fax machine and multi-line telephone.
• Skill to use digital camera and imaging equipment, including photography work.
• Able to learn marketing skills, company activities and affairs.
• Able to learn terminology and functions of the telecommunications industry.
• Knowledge of company policies, procedures, products and services can be learned on the job.
• Knowledge of communications, Internet, video, and wireless industries helpful.
• Must exhibit professional appearance and dress.
• Able to communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
• Able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insured under the Cooperative’s insurance policy.
• Able to operate company vehicle in a safe and prudent manner.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of company records when required.
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify.
• High school diploma preferred.
• Stoops, stands, and bends for prolonged periods of time when working special events.
• May be required to lift and carry packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Drive to various locations on a regular basis as needed.
• Climbs on ladders when working special events.
• Sits at desk much of working day.
• Stands and walks short distances in office.
• Handles books, papers, and office equipment.
• Must be able to work under conditions of frequent interruption, paying close attention to numerous details and multitasking.
• Must be able to recognize and meet deadlines.
• Requires a pleasant disposition and telephone personality for communicating with subscribers and other employees.
• Must be able to deal with difficult customers in a pleasant manner.
• Works under close supervision, following standard procedures.
• Must be able to work as part of a team.
• Occasional travel for PR events, educational and training purposes may be required.
Human Resources Manager
Telephone: (406) 783-2200, (800) 636-6680
Fax: (406) 783-5636
Or mail your resume to:
PO Box 600
Scobey, MT 59263-0600
As a condition of employment, all finalists will be required to sign a reference release and be subject to a background check that may include but is not limited to criminal history record information.
Equal Opportunity Employer