- Job Title
- Customer Service Specialist - Glasgow
- Glasgow, MT
- Open Until Filled
- Job Description
- Job Summary: Interviews customers, prepares orders for new services and changes. Interacts with the subscriber/customer to achieve positive subscriber/customer relations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Talk with customers by phone or in person and receive orders for new installation, activation, discontinuance or change in service.
• Answer customer inquiries as to type and availability of services offered.
• Receive customer complaints, comments or information and asks detailed questions to determine exact nature of problems. Assess the information received and determine the proper action to be taken.
• Complete contract forms, determine charges for requested services, collect deposits, and prepare change of address records.
• Solicit sale of new or additional services and related products.
• Answers incoming calls on a multi-line computer based telecommunications system.
• Assesses the caller's inquiries and requests, then transfers the call accordingly.
• Provides clerical backup as required.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail, which may include receiving and delivery.
• Files and scans customer correspondence.
• Maintains complete confidentiality of records; complies and adheres to Customer Proprietary Network
• Information (CPNI) regulations.
• May be required to be on call evenings and weekends.
- Experience Required
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of company policies, procedures, products and services can be learned on the job.
• Knowledge of terminology and functions of telecommunications services helpful.
• Able to operate a personal computer and related software.
• Able to communicate effectively and pleasantly with customers to explain and interpret problems customers may have with service, billing, etc.
• Able to operate various office equipment, such as copy machine, fax machine and multi-line telephone system.
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and the general public.
• Able to enhance customer relations with a pleasant and efficient telephone manner.
• Able to work with a variety of personalities to project favorable image.
• Able to handle multiple priorities, work accurately, work under pressure, and pay close attention to details and schedules.
• Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
• Able to learn terminology and functions of the telecommunications industry.
• Able to exhibit professional appearance and dress.
• Able to communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
• Able to motivate oneself and maintain close rapport with all staff to keep up-to-date on system activities.
• Able to assist in keeping management informed of the concerns and opinions of subscribers and community members.
• Able to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license, have a good driving record and be insured under the Company's insurance policy.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of customer and company records.
• Able to work with regular supervision, following general guidelines.
• Able to travel for educational and training purposes.
• Able to work in a team environment and interface with other departments in a positive productive manner
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with one to three months related
experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Human Resources Manager
Telephone: (406) 783-2200, (800) 636-6680
Fax: (406) 783-5636
Or mail your resume to:
PO Box 600
Scobey, MT 59263-0600
As a condition of employment, all finalists will be required to sign a reference release and be subject to a background check that may include but is not limited to criminal history record information.
Equal Opportunity Employer